Statistical Data Analysis with R
Statistical Data Analysis using R Training Course
About the Course
R is an open-source programming language that provides a wide variety of statistical and graphical techniques. R has “become the de-facto standard for writing statistical software among statisticians. This course will give you a solid foundation in creating statistical analysis solutions using the R language, and how to carry out a range of commonly used analytical processes.
This course is intended for Data Scientists, Data Analysts, Business Intelligence Analysts and any other professional who want to explore the vast range of analytical and graphical capabilities of R.
What you will learn
By the end of this training the participants will be able to learn:
- An introduction to R, basic data types, and R/RStudio installation
- Overview of base R concepts and specific data wrangling packages in R
- Connecting to databases, executing database queries in R
- How to use R for graphical summary
- R programming
- How to carry out a range of analyses using R
Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Explain the basic steps of the research process
- Explain differences between populations and samples
- Explain differences between experimental and non-experimental research designs
- Explain differences between independent and dependent variables
Introduction to R software for statistical computing
- Overview of the R Studio IDE
- Installing, loading and updating R packages
- Creating objects in R
- Data types
- Data structures
- Sorting vectors and data frames
- Directory management commands
- Direct data entry in R (for small data sets)
- Importing data from other software
- Decision structures (if, if-else, if-else if-else)
- Repetitive structures (for and while loops)
- Other important programming functions (break, next, warn, stop)
Data Wrangling and Cleaning in R
- Working with variables
- Transform continuous variables to categorical variables
- Add new variables to data frames
- Handling missing values
- Sub-setting data frames
- Appending and merging data frames
- Spit data frames
- Stack and unstack data frames
Explanatory Data Analysis (EDA) in R
- Creating tables of frequencies and proportions
- Cross tabulations of categorical variables
- Descriptive statistics for continuous variables
Data Visualization using R base package
- Introduction to graphs and charts in R
- Customizing graph attributes (titles, axes, text, legends)
- Graphs for categorical variables
- Graphs for continuous variables
- Graphs to investigate relationship between variables
Mean Comparison Tests in R
- One Sample T Test
- Independent Samples T Test
- Paired Samples T Test
- One-way analysis of variance (ANOVA)
Tests of Associations in R
- Chi-Square test of independence
- Pearson's Correlation
- Spearman's Rank-Order Correlation
Predictive Regression Models using R
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Binary Logistic Regression
- Ordinal Logistic Regression
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a combined learning approach and comprises of presentations, practical sessions and online tutorials. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
Upon successful completion of this training, participants will be issued with Profound Research Services (PRC) certificate certified by the National Industrial Training Authority (NITA).
The training will be held at PRC Training Centre. The course fee covers the course tuition, training materials, two break refreshments and lunch.
All participants will additionally cater for travel expenses, visa application(where applicable), insurance among other personal expenses.
ACCOMMODATION AND AIRPORT PICKUP
Accommodation and airport pickup are arranged upon request. For reservations contact the Training Officer.
Mob: +254 772 831 984
This training can also be customized to suit the needs of your institution upon request. You can have it delivered in our PRC Training Centre or at a convenient location.
Payment should be transferred to PRC account through bank on or before C.O.B. 17th January 2022.
Please Note: The program content shown here is for guidance purposes only. Our continuous course improvement process may lead to changes in topics and course structure.
|Event Date||01-24-2022 8:00 am|
|Event End Date||01-28-2022 12:00 am|
|Cut off date||01-17-2022|
|Individual Price||KSH 70,000.00|